Thursday, April 3, 2008
it's that point at which you've reached your final straw, yet the memory of the good times still tug at your heart. the point at which you feel as if you don't do this, you will go mad, but still hold out hope that something, anything, will stop you from carrying it through.
one of the hardest things you will ever have to do as a woman in a toxic relationship.
it is said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
... seems a lot of women are half-crazy then. i know i've been a time or two.
this is a collaboration from Don and i, random quotes from conversations that happen when you finally decide to 'let go'.
* "you're right, i've never seen you with another woman ... my family did. and if you see me with another man, know that i won't be thinking of your feelings."
* "well, you are dead to me ... if that counts as burying you."
* "yes, starting over, being open to love again, will be difficult. right now it seems damn near impossible. but staying here with you, with us, ... will always be harder."
* "let's not talk about what you deserve right now. our unborn children will remain unborn. hmph. what you deserve. i'll tell you what you deserve alright."
* "if God wanted us to be, it wouldn't be this hard. if it was meant to be ... it would just be. i'm not perfect ... but i'm a heck of a lot closer than you. in time i will forgive you. but i will never forget."
* "sometimes i want to punch you square in the jaw. you know that? oh, you'll let me? okay. but that doesn't mean you can stay, just means you'll have a bruised jaw."
* "cheryl from work asked how we were doing. i burst into tears. she didn't know. i hate that you can still affect me so strongly. might not be a good idea to come up to my job anymore ... by the way. might run into some hostility."
* "you can't gift your way out of this one, baby. i don't want your roses. don't bother with the cards. don't make this process more painful than it already is ..."
* "my family was right all along. you know they already didn't like you. kept telling me you weren't trustworthy. just had to go and prove them right."
* "baby, i have to let it go. it feels so right, you holding me. but you've broken my heart enough times for the both of us."
* "all this used to be yours. a small part probably always will. your stroke had me blind ... but i can see much clearer now."
* "you know you won't find any as good as mine. had you calling out to the creator and me like we were the same person in the wee hours of the morning. ... oh you're missing it now huh?"
* "you have invaded my dreams long enough. even when you're not here i can feel your soft kisses. your warm breath on my neck. can still see you staring at me with that look. your arms feel so real in my dreams. i can't do this. you have to go. stop haunting me."
* "there's nothing left to say. if this is how love treats you, i don't want it. love shoulda brought your ass home last night."
* "call me later ..."
Posted by Muze at 2:02 AM